Many of you must be using RO Water purifier at your home. But not everyone is aware of the facts about the RO Water. Considering the other ways of purifying water, RO water purifier is considered to be one of the best among others. Knowing that most of the diseases these days are spreading because of contaminated water, it becomes important for us to use pure water. Be it with the help of boiling water or filtration or RO water or bottled water. And most of us prefer using RO, because of the perks it has. But with the perks come the disadvantages also, which hardly anyone knows. With the help of this article, we would like to make you aware of both the pros and cons of using RO Water.
How RO Purifier works?
Before reaching to the pros and cons, it is most important to know how RO Purifier functions. RO that is called Reverse Osmosis, helps in filtering and purifying water in the best way. The RO Purifier has a semi-permeable membrane in it. And it makes the use of this membrane to purify water. When the water passes through this membrane, it separates the salts and the chemicals present in the water. And it is possible because of the small micropores of the membrane. As these pores are so small, that they only let water pass from the membrane. And it makes water drinkable for all of us not just by removing impurities, but also by making water taste good.
Pros of RO Purifier
Talking about the water purifier service, we know RO Purifier comes with many benefits. So let’s learn about the benefits of RO Water Purifier.
- The first and the utmost important benefit is that it separates almost all the chemicals from the water that are harmful to us. It removes chemicals like chlorine, fluoride, mercury, lead, etc. from the water.
- By removing the impurities from the water and making it drinkable, it saves us from many diseases. And you all will agree that it’s better to spend money on RO Purifier, instead of diseases.
- If you are buying the RO Purifier from a trusted company, they do provide home services also to check whether it is working fine or not.
- RO Purifier also comes in different sizes as per the quantity of water it stores. So, you can buy according to your need.
- Buying an RO Water purifier is not going to cost you a lot. And even its maintenance is also not that costly.
Cons of RO Purifier
There are not many cons of RO Water Purifier. But you should be aware of them so that you can make your decision of using RO Water Purifier wisely.
- It wastes a lot of water while purifying and filtering the water.
- You cannot actually know when it is the right time to change the RO Purifier membrane.
- It makes water tasteless by demineralizing it.
- As it demineralizes the water, it removes some essential minerals as well along with the impurities.