The feeling of having a soft, luxurious and soothing feeling under your feet is incomparable. This is the feeling one gets from stepping on a carpet. A carpet enhances the look of the house; it also provides a safe area for the kids to play and also reduces the risk of injury during a fall. As compared to tiles, carpet requires a little bit of extra care and maintenance. Carpets come in different colours, material; price ranges and designs for one to choose from. One can find a number of carpet flooring suppliers in India; that provide different varieties of carpet to the people to choose from.
Carpet manufacturers India manufactures different designs and styles of carpet. Some are handmade oriental weaves, which are quite expensive while some manufacture Persian varieties that are of a class of their own. There are a number of factors that determine the quality of the carpet like the density of the weave and the type and quality of the yarn. So with so many different colours, materials and designs it really becomes difficult to choose the best carpet for your home. So there are a few tips that one should keep in mind while buying a carpet for their house.
Tips for buying carpet
- Consider the styles for carpet- If you want a simple and a sober look for your house then select a carpet that has a light colour and a very simple design. In case you want a luxurious feel then Persian and hand woven carpets give a rich and luxurious look’.
- Don’t blow your budget-Study the market and compare the prices of different stores then choose a carpet that fits your lifestyle and budget. You can choose a stain resistant carpet for your living room and a affordable low budget carpet for the guest room. So thinking before spending is important.
- Select the carpet provider carefully- One can select the carpet from variety of places, furniture stores, departmental stores and even online. Select a seller who provides the best possible price for the carpet you choose. Also choose a seller who gives warranty on the carpet.
- Maintenance requirements- Choose a carpet which doesn’t require much maintenance and if you choose a high maintenance carpet then make sure you take proper care of it and clean it from time to time. If you have extra time then only choose carpets which require extensive care and maintenance.
- Warranty- Always choose and buy a carpet that has a warranty period so that it can be changed if there is any defect in it. A better quality carpet has a longer warranty period as the most common complaints with carpets is the problem of manufacturing defects.
- Select a colour according to your house- Always choose the colour of the carpet that compliments your room; bright carpets don’t really look good.
So before choosing a carpet for your home just keep the following tips in mind.