Curtains can simply be the delight of your room. If chosen properly, curtains can help you improve the façade of the room to a great extent. In addition to regulating the amount of sunlight entering the room, curtains are also used to divide spaces. Also, they play a vital role in providing the adequate amount of privacy which you and your family members need. Expert interior decorators suggest that curtains spread a lot of positivity in the room. Nowadays, curtains are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and also in many different colours. But before choosing, you should carefully check out the quality and colour of the fabrics. If the quality is not good enough, then it would not last long. Similarly, if the colour is not gorgeous, then it would not reveal your standards and style statements. A combination of both can simply take the beauty of your room to the next level. According to experienced decorators, curtains should always be in tune with the other furniture of your room.
Know About The Top 5 Curtains Used By The Interior Decorators
Curtains can be of several types comprising different fabric. Each type serves a different purpose. Listed below are the 5 most popular types of curtains used by the interior decorators –
- Box Pleated Curtains – Box Pleated Curtains give a perfect tailor-made look to the room. The best thing is that they drape into deep folds down their full length. The box shapes completely line up next to each other and this, in turn, gives a formal and pleated look in the lounge, dining room, or study room.
- Pinch Pleated Curtains – In pinch pleated curtains, there is always a decorative design at the top. This design makes the curtain an absolute stunner. The best thing about these curtains is that the fullness of the pleats increases with the increase in the number of the pleats in the curtains. Looks wise, these curtains are quite beautiful and attractive. Ideal for designing your study room, drawing room, or bedroom.
- Eyelet Curtains – Eyelet curtains, also known as grommet curtains, hang quite easily and freely. Thereby, making it a great choice for a kid’s bedroom. The main USP of this kind of curtain is that they are extremely easy to open, close, and maintain. In addition to this, they can also be placed in modern bedrooms or lounges if using fussy designs is not the criteria.
- Tailored Pleat Curtains – In tailored pleat curtains, the pleat starts from the top of the fabric and falls from there itself. These type of curtains are an ideal choice for the ones who are not fond of funky designs. They are typically used in dining rooms and bedrooms.
- Goblet Pleat Curtains – Goblet Pleat Curtains can be the best choice for the ones who want a very formal curtaining to suit their grand rooms. The pleat at the top is designed by resembling the wine glasses. For keeping the goblet pleats full and rounded, they are shaped with interlining or wadding.
The Art Of Choosing The Right Kind Of Fabric
Choosing the appropriate curtain fabrics can sometimes be a difficult issue. This is the reason why veteran interior decorators always advise the buyers to identify the purpose first. If you just want to decorate your room, then silk and linen curtains can be a good choice. Silk curtains are a bit heavy but drape quite well. Thereby, offering a romantic look. But, the main disadvantage is that it allows a lot of light to pass through it. Also, they are a bit difficult to maintain. Linen curtains, on the other hand, offer a magnificent look, but care should be taken so that it doesn’t wriggle up. Velvet curtains can be a great choice if privacy is the priority. They offer a polished look but block a lot of outside light and sound energy. Thanks to their ultra-thickness, they are quite capable of providing an extra layer of confidentiality.