Whether you have installed solar panels on your roof or at the ground level of your property, it will require less electricity from the power grid. With this advantage, it’s a good decision to shift to solar power. However, solar panel cost uk can be expensive.
The solar panel cost uk will depend on the size (watts and physical), manufacturer reputation or certification, quality of materials and durability. Choosing an expensive solar panel is a long-term investment. It’s important that you do not scrimp on quality if you’re looking to use it for many years to come.
Since the solar panel cost uk is expensive, you need to optimize it. If you want to save on energy, your effort should not stop t he moment the solar panels are installed. It should continue with your habits. Here are some tips to optimize power from your solar panels:
Reduce the electricity consumption of your house
If you want to reduce the electricity consumption of your house, you should eliminate devices or appliances that use too much energy. You should start eliminating standby devices, incandescent bulbs, and water heaters.
Run high-consumption appliances during the day
There are certain appliances that consume more electricity when in use like the dishwasher, washing machine, and the kitchen’s stove. If it can’t be helped reducing their consumption, at least run these appliances during the day – when the solar generator is producing a lot of output.
Consider LEDs in place of light bulbs
Typically, the largest cost factor is your lighting. Keep in mind that incandescent bulbs only use 10% of the electricity to generate light – the remaining 90% is lost as heat. In essence, they produce more heat than light. If you consider LEDs, they only need a tenth of the electricity to generate the same amount of light. Since LEDs do not heat up so much, it will last longer.
Turn off electrical devices
You may believe that even on standby mode, electrical devices do not consume electricity. It’s time that you change this thinking. Electrical devices like kitchen appliances, computers and TVs still consume electricity even when they are on standby mode.
Considering the number of electrical devices on standby mode, it can really add up to your energy consumption. With this, you need to physically separate the device from the circuit to stop it from consuming energy.
Try using solar electricity for gardening works
Remember that the highest yields of solar electricity are during spring and autumn. This is also the perfect time to do gardening work. You can start by conveniently running electric lawn mowers or hedge trimmers.
If you have a solar battery and you want to highlight your garden every night, you can use LED lights. If you have a garden sauna, it can be heated up using the excess electricity during the day.
Utilize solar battery
The solar battery is charged with energy from your solar panels. Simply put, it acts as storage for your solar energy. The size of the battery will depend on your electricity demand. It’s crucial that you choose the best one for your solar panel system.